Agreement has been reached on who will chair the boards of the semi-government organisations, but consultations continued late into the night between President Anastasiades and coalition party leaders to complete the list of members.
Naming the vice chairmen has proven difficult while selecting the remaining members of the boards has turned into a headache.
There was disagreement between Attorney General Costas Clerides and his deputy Rikkos Erotokritou on a proposal to assign the board presidencies to ministry permanent secretaries. The former’s opinion carried the day, opening the way to the appointment of Christos Patsalides and Alecos Michaelides.
As the situation stood last night the boards will be chaired by the following:
• Cyta – Christos Patsalides
• Cyprus Ports Authority – Alecos Michaelides
• EAC – George Pipis
• CTO – Costas Kadis
• CSO – Clea Hadjistefanou Papaellina
• CyBC – George Tsalakos
• House Financing Organisation – Prodromos Prodromou
• TEPAK – Panicos Leonidou
• THOC – Yiannis Toumazis
• University of Cyprus – Manthos Mavrommatis
• Anti-Drugs Council – Chrysanthos Georghiou
• Cyprus State Fairs Authority – Loizos Constantinou
• Cyprus Youth Organisation – Panayiotis Sentonas